Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not Quilting Yet

When I did the embroidery before my machine was acting up a bit - so I decided that instead of quilting I should do some more embroidery and see if my machine would behave. I decided to put a design on the front of the shirt that I put the fairy on the back. Then Max asked me to put a cloud and rainbow on one of her shirts. They both turned out nice - I added the hummingbird as an additional touch to the flowers. It seemed to do okay except it cuts threads sometimes and then sometimes it doesn't. It is frustrating to have a machine that cost that much money and have it not do the things that it is suppose to do (and is why it cost so much money). I will say it does do a nice job of sewing and embroidery and the bells and whistles that don't work are not that big of an issue - merely an annoyance!

I am still missing the grand kids, but adjusting to the quiet and loneliness. They certainly kept me focused and busy. Right now I am working on losing the 6 pounds I gained while they were here. So much easier to put on than take off. Also much easier to be watching what I eat when I am not feeding kids.

Later . . .

No comments: