Sunday, August 02, 2009

Mustang Building Saturday

Max and Devin set down to work on the Mustang project. It turned out to be quite the challenge, but turned out really well. Devin had a great time building it and Max was very patient and let him do it himself (with gentle guidance and help where actually needed. He decorated it (with some sticker placement help from Max) and then played with it both inside and out. Of course it does seem to run better on the kitchen floor than on the carpet or the bricks of our patio. There is one place around the side of the house that has a long run of cement, but short turning radius. He really loves the car (and I think I will have to buy one for Max).


Between the swimming and 30 minutes each of video games, I have been able to finally get the binding on two baby quilts and my queen size quilt. At this moment I only have one baby quilt left to bind. Too bad I have MANY quilt tops that need to be quilted and then that means more binding! I seem to always poke holes in my fingers when I am sewing binding because I just can't use a thimble.

Last night we tried playing some games that we had never played before - some were good and some were - NOT! Shark was rejected, M&M Party Game is still under consideration (a bit too much for Deanna) and everyone liked Kerplunk. Because M&M took so long, we did not get too Chutes and Ladders. It was a general consensus that Kerplunk was a keeper. We have more games to explore this afternoon. Max got pictures of us playing games, but they are on her computer and I will have to get some copies (I was busy playing and did not have my camera).

Max has a bridal shower that she is going to shoot this afternoon and she wants us to wait to play games until she gets back. We always have stuff happening - so no problem on that request.
We have video games and the pool and of course EATING which seems to be a constant around here (smile).

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys sure are busy.
Have you tried gloves for sewing?
Cut the fingers out of all but the fingers that get poked. Use the gloved fingers as your thimble. The fitted gunner or mechanics gloves will be prefect for that.
The quilts look great.
I really like the Mustang too. Great exercise for Devin. I'm so proud of Maxines' patience.
Love, Deb