Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Confusing Day

Yesterday was a strange day all the way around. I started my radiation treatments, which I must admit was a bit weird. I have been "lovingly" titled "the one with the tattoo". This came about because they give you permanent little round dot tattoos to mark the parameters for the radiation and I asked if there was any way they could not mess up the tattoo I have between my breasts. It worked out perfectly that the tip of one of the leaves is where the mark should be. Now they add the mark every time I go in and it washes off. Thus, because they change operators frequently, I get a lot of "ah, you're the tattoo one". Emotionally the treatments are a bit harsh, but physically they are not so bad (but it is after the first couple of weeks when the skin problems begin).

The bizarre part of the day was when my
DSL dropped out and then would not come back at the correct speed. I spoke with several people on the phone and they decided to send a technician out to check the line. The line coming to the house was full speed, but hooking up to a modem either inside or outside it would not work. He did manage to get it taken care of after a couple hours of trouble shooting. The strange thing before that was all the electricity in the house went out. No breakers were popped and we thought maybe we were having a brown or black out. I called PG&E and they sent someone over pretty quickly. The breaker on the OUTSIDE of the house had popped. We did not even know we had a breaker on the outside of the house (will be handy to know that in the future IF it ever happens again).Then Debby (who everyone knows is all about help) decided that we needed to have our yard greener. She came over with food and a spreader and did the feed job. As you can see, she takes it VERY seriously! She was actually cute – must be something about crouching that works better than standing up straight! (Thanks Debby for the green grass).

Later . . .

No comments: