Friday, June 02, 2006

Heart Layout

I am totally excited that I finished all the squares and decided to lay out the quilt on the table. Once it was layed out - I decided there was just TOO much white. I found some old pillow cases and cut some additional squares to give the project some color and I think it turned out really well. The small picture shows what the center of the quilt top will look like. The addition of the colors really made all the difference in the world. If I had not added the colored squares, it would have been necessary to do more embroidered hearts. I think this is the final layout, but then I never know what will strike me. I may actually start sewing the pieces together tomorrow. I am a bit aprehensive considering I have never done anything but that little sample piece before.

I have ironed all the embroidered pieces, but some of them just do not want to lay flat - that could present a problem, but at least they were cut to the correct size AFTER the embroidery - so the seams should all match (and that would be in a perfect world).

Later . . .

No comments: