Saturday, June 17, 2006

Radiation Treatments Scheduled

I went for my "fitting" yesterday and all the measurements that were taken before were accurate, which means I am ready to actually start the radiation treatments. The first appointment time they gave me was 3:45 pm! That was about depressing considering an appointment over the hill at that time would mean I would not be able to get back home due to the commute traffic that bogs down going back over the hill. There was a 10:30 am appointment coming available on the 29th of June, but my doctor said I could not put off starting for another two weeks. I bit the bullet saying I would take the back roads to get home and just as I was accepting my ill fated journey a miracle happened! A 12:15 appointment appeared in the book and I was saved! That actually is a pretty good time to be driving over the hill (except for the lunch traffic). I think I may keep the noon appointment time because at least I will have enough time in the morning to do some kind of project and then be home in enough time to do something in the afternoon too.

I will not bother to tell you all the "crap" I was told regarding the side affects of the treatment. I will just keep my fingers crossed and hope that I don't get any of them. Some bad news was that I cannot use the hot tub - no extreme temperatures and especially heat.

Needless to say I will be very happy when I can put this ordeal behind me.

Later . . .

No comments: