Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Sewing Day

I spent most of my day in my sewing room enjoying my new desk/table. It is working out great and I am very happy I made the change. It is really nice to have a table that is the right height for sewing. I was going to work on putting my quilt top together, but I became side tracked with making demin coasters. I have not put them together yet, but I was doing mostly initials for my friends in Ireland. I have the insulation and the backs cut out so all I have to do is put them together and then wash them so the edges will fray (example of a washed one - but the square is not totally straight). I pulled out my instruction book and think I have finally dialed in the precise way to get my designs where I want them to be (example of another square that is actually straight). I knew there had to be a better way and I think I have finally found it.

The mother of one of the people that Max works with is a quilter (it would appear that she is a VERY GOOD one) and she has offered to give me some advice, techniques, lessons or whatever. I am VERY excited about hooking up with her and the really cool part is she only lives a few blocks away. I plan on giving her a call next week and at least meeting her.

Later . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the coasters. they are cool