Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Fear Won






The fear of the unknown gave way to doing what I "know" how to do. I decided to enjoy myself a little longer playing in my sewing room and did some embroidery work on one of my denim shirts. The daffodils are really pretty and I wanted to add some tulips to the bottom, but could not find the design that I wanted. I know I had it in the past because I did embroidery on a tea towel. My mother's favorite flowers were daffodils and tulips and I wanted to have them both on my shirt. I will be able to find another tulip design, but you know how it is when you get your mind set on something. I spent HOURS searching my computer and just could not find it.

I then decided that I was going to make some coaster sets. I made four sets with four coasters each. Now all I have to do is put the insulation and the back on and sew them. After sewing comes the cutting of the edges (which is actually the most difficult part) and then into the washing machine to let the edges do their unraveling. I have a quilt kit that I am going to try work on tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love all your embroidery. And I really like the daffodils too. I am glad you are having fun again.

Donna Rae said...

I have so many projects, but it is nice to be having fun again! Thanks!