Thursday, May 31, 2007

Working on the quilt






I used my felt in the garage, as you can see, to get the pattern of my squares. It was really amazing how well the felt worked to hold the fabric in place. However, I seemed to get a little confused when I was sewing the squares together because the finished top does not look exactly like the layout. It really does not matter how they went together anyway because it is just a huge mix of fabrics and colors. If any one wants to look closely at the finished top and compare - feel free to do so (the bottom picture is the top in finished form). I will next be working on the borders. My real fear comes with the batting and backing and of course the binding. I am determined to actually FINISH this project.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember you are never really finished with a quilt until you put your name on it. Have Fun. It looks great so far.

Donna Rae said...

Ahhhhh name tag. I forgot that.