Monday, May 14, 2007

Knee update

Had a doctor's appointment on Friday to discuss the changes in my knee and the pain situation. My surgeon said it is time to replace the knee. I knew that was coming from what she had said before, but I really do tend to live in denial. She is pretty backed up on surgeries and I do not have a date as yet. I do not want to have the total knee replacement, but I also am seriously tired of the pain and limitations my knee is giving me. I had to laugh when I asked her if my knocked knee would be gone on the leg with the surgery and that answer was "yes". Not sure how strange that will be considering I am VERY knocked kneed. I am going to try to loose some weight and build up some muscle tone to make the recovery a little easier. She said I have great flexion and range of motion right now and that is a very good sign for a good recovery. It will be a three day hospital stay and then some serious physical therapy, but hopefully in about three months I should see substantial improvement. I am tired of having surgeries, but maybe this will be the last (one can hope).

Later . . .

No comments: