Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hummingbirds

I cleaned all my feeders and mixed up the sugar and water and the little critters are all over the place. It is especially fun to be able to sit in my sewing room and watch them feed and play. We have identified four separate birds and according to the article I read about hummingbirds is you are suppose to count how many you see at one time and multiply that by three. I am enjoying all the birds in the back yard. I had to eliminate some of my bird feeders because of the squirrels. I have two squirrel proof feeders, but now they are coming into the yard to eat the seeds from the ground. They don't get too brave considering the dogs are not pleased with them being in the yard. We end up with a yard full of birds playing and eating. I am hoping it will soon be hot enough for them to start bathing - that is a kick to watch.

Max is getting a lot of practice with her new camera trying to get good pictures of the hummingbirds and the other birds as well. I can see the telephoto lens in the works!

Later . . .

2 comments:

Duane said...

She just needs a Canon 70-200 F2.8 IS USM lens

Donna Rae said...

Yikes - pricey!