Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Quilting

I tackled my quilt kit today! I now have 40 9 1/2 squares that I need to arrange for my top. I have not cut the border or binding - one thing at a time. I will say quilting is much more work than embroidery. I was standing doing cutting and ironing most of the day. It was iron, cut, sew, iron. Made for a lot of standing on my part and the knee is pretty swollen. Tomorrow I will get to use the felt material which I bought over the weekend and hung in the garage to arrange my squares. I will try to take a picture of this process - IF it works.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you should get a small iron and an ironing pad to put on a table near your machine. Great for ironing seams and you do not have to keep getting up. You just need a swivel chair. Just a thought.