Thursday, May 10, 2007

Long Time

Whoa, it has been a while since I have posted, but I have been a bit busy. I spent a week at Duane and Denise's taking care of the grandkids while they flew back to Oklahoma for Denise's father's funeral. Needless to say, I was a bit exhausted every night and plenty busy during the day. Desirae was sick Tuesday through Friday, so I had both Desirae and Deanna and then had to get Devin to school everyday. We did manage to have some fun and I stirred up my "video thumb" killing the Lizard King for Devin (not an easy task). Deanna was a very good girl, but she let me know right away that it might be okay for me to be taking care of her, but I was NOT replacing Mommy. As soon as Denise was home, it was then okay to give me big hugs and let me cuddle and hold her, but it was not okay prior. I had a wonderful time with the kids, but it was an eye opening experience - I am too old (with a disabled knee) to handle three kids on a full time basis. Everyone that knows me well, knows getting up to an alarm at 6:00 AM is NOT my idea of a good time.

Anyway, while I was gone Max hooked up the speakers for my surround sound in the sewing room and it is GREAT. I got a connection for my iPod and I could live in there.

We are looking forward to a quiet three day weekend of catching up on our missed TV shows, playing around with our toys (sewing, tying flies, etc). Max has tomorrow off and the only thing scheduled is an appointment with my surgeon to discuss this "total knee replacement" surgery. I will let you know how that goes. I have very mixed feelings about it. The recovery is brutal, but worth it if I get movement without pain. Sure wish surgeries came with guarantees!

Later . . .

No comments: