Monday, April 14, 2008

Progress

We are moving right along on our quilt top in my class. Homework for the week was cutting the material for some hour glass squares and then some additional nine patch border. The picture at the bottom is the additional quilt that I decided to make to get more practice following the pattern and cutting material. Sewing the material does not seem to be a problem for me, but I do tend to make mistakes cutting. Good thing I am just using scraps to make both of these quilts. The first one is really bright (which I like), but the second one is soft and pretty (which I also like). I still have to find the additional material for the other parts of the second one.

We had a really pleasant weekend of just staying home. I would like to say that we worked in the back yard and accomplished much, but we basically caught up on our TV watching and relaxed. We took a trip into Dublin (which meant we had the chance to go to our favorite Chinese restaurant) so Max could get her hands on the Canon 5D I promised to buy her if she did not take the job offer in Iraq. She wanted to actually hold one before we ordered her new "baby" from B&H. We did place the order and the camera is suppose to arrive this coming Thursday - just in time to take it down to Cal City this weekend. We are going to pop in for the Poppy Festival and Duane and Max will be able to do some shooting. She is happy to be getting the camera and I am happy that she is not leaving.


Later . . .

No comments: