Saturday, April 26, 2008

Avila Beach

I did not get the chance to take a picture of my quilt after I did some sewing in my quilting class. I managed to get my flying geese sewn and the side borders attached. I need to get the flying geese squares sewn to the top and bottom borders and then I will be done with the top. Since we left for vacation Friday morning and are not returning until Thursday, I am not sure if I will be able to have the top completed for class. We are suppose to work on the quilt sandwich this coming Thursday, but I am not sure I will be able to have it done. I have not even picked out the backing material as yet, but I am sure I have enough batting. No worries - I can get it done before the last class (thankfully I do know how to put a quilt together). At least I will be there to see the demonstration she will give for spray adhesive and hand/machine quilting.
We are settled in our timeshare and relaxed in vacation mode. Don and Sharon are coming down for lunch tomorrow and we are going to Santa Barbara on Monday to Samys and then meeting Joy and Jim for lunch. This vacation is about just kicking back and relaxing and we don't have any real plans. OF COURSE because I am here, they are having a couple of their HOTTEST days ever for this time of year. God I hate the heat! We have a great view of the ocean and the air conditioning works just great!
I did not even bring my camera and Max really hasn't taken any pics to speak of. We are getting intermittent wireless connection, which allows us to get online. They have wireless connection here that you can pay for, but we are picking up a linksys connection that seems to be working good most of the time.
Later . . .

No comments: