Friday, April 04, 2008

Quilting Class

I started my quilting class last night and I am very excited about it. The teacher is excellent (she is a regular middle school teacher and knows how to teach). Even though it was only the first night of class, I learned a bunch of little tricks of the trade. I am looking forward to the remaining classes. The people in the class were nice and friendly (not at all like the free motion quilting class I took). We are all beginners with a variety of experience connected to sewing, but I am probably the one who has done the most actual quilting. I was very happy when I left the class and was almost finished with the portion we were working on. The goal of the class is to be able to read patterns and be able to do just about any of the blocks that would be required. This is not for advanced quilting or for appliqués, but I do think it will help me a lot in my general quilting. Needless to say, a picture of the completed project will be coming, but that will be in a bout 6 weeks!

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your class. It sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could do something like that.
Denise