Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Bird Watchers

If I had a camera like Duane's, I could have gotten an actually CLEAR shot of the Humming Bird! I moved all the humming bird feeders next to the house and hung them from the rafters where all the wind chimes are hanging. The humming birds seem to like the idea of them being pretty much in the shade. We have at least two that we know of and they are going to ALL the feeders for a snack. Needless to say, I am very happy about knowing they are actually coming around and eating.

The other bird feeders are attracting a multitude of birds and they are going through the food rapidly (I don't care). They are using the bird bath for drinking water and have not to our knowledge used it for bathing. Our neighbor, who has a bird bath in her front yard, said it took the birds over a year before they actually started bathing (they used it for drinking water first).

We are truly enjoying watching the variety of birds and their behavior. We have a bird book and are trying to figure out the different breeds that we have, but we are both in agreement that we need some better binoculars to get a good look at them (if we had Duane's camera we might have a shot at actually seeing them). Nonetheless, I find they are giving me a great deal of pleasure throughout the day!

Later . . .



2 comments:

Duane said...

The whole humming bird thing sounds pretty neat! I think the shots you have are pretty good and I wouldn't worry to much about camera! Though you could always go and get a Nikon DSLR and one of those 18-200 VR lenses!

Donna Rae said...

LOL - that was the first thing mentioned when we were trying for a clear shot!