Monday, July 31, 2006

One More Day

Tomorrow is the LAST radiation treatment and I am VERY ready to have the healing begin. I get a two week break before I start the hormone therapy. I actually have had a couple of good days where the pain was not so bad and I was able to actually stay awake ALL day!

The weekend was a fun one. Max’s birthday was on Sunday, but Max and Paul worked most of the day Saturday installing our whole house attic fan. We broke for lunch and a trip to Oakland to the Outdoor Pro Shop for fly fishing investigation (and some supply purchasing). The fan works really well and it is amazing the amount of air it pulls into the house. I know the idea is to cool the attic by pushing the hot air out and replacing it with the cool air, but I LOVE the fact that it completely cools the house while it is doing that! It is a very welcome addition to our household.

Sunday we ventured to Pleasant Hill to Creative Sports for more fly fishing investigation. I found a really good book, which I purchased for Max and she found a lot of “goodies” to add to her collection. She has set up her equipment and is tying a fly as I type.

The grandkids are coming on Thursday and we are very excited about seeing them and having them stay with us. I am very confident that I will be able to handle the fatigue factor while they are here (early bedtimes will probably be happening a lot).

Later . . .

No comments: