Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Hmmmmmmmm

I swear this whole radiation treatment seems a little surreal. Believe me; I know it is happening due to the pain of the radiation burn and the fatigue factor. I will be very happy when the treatment is over and things get back to “normal”. Tomorrow I will start having my treatments at 8:45 instead of 12:15 and I am hoping I will get more out of my day. After my treatments I cannot seem to help but fall asleep for a couple of hours and I am hoping this way I can get a “nap” in the AM and be able to actually accomplish something in the afternoon.

It has been pretty hot around here, but the dogs seem to know what to do to battle the heat – they both find an air vent and sleep in front of it. Kodi plants himself in the bathroom on the cool floor and literally does not move unless he is forced to move. Darci still follows me around, but luckily there is an available air vent in the office where she can sleep. Is that what is meant by “The dog days of summer” and “It’s a dog’s life”? Obviously our dogs are NOT abused. I do feel sorry for Kodi if he has to go outside. I would NOT want to be running around in a fur coat or down jacket in this heat!

Later . . .

No comments: