Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Half Way There!

I started my fourth week of radiation therapy this Monday. It is truly nice to be thinking I am half way finished. It is difficult to keep a completely positive attitude considering I know it is going to get worse before it gets better and it is on the bad side right now. I am getting some good sleep during the night (thank goodness the doctor gave me something to aid in sleeping), but the fatigue factor is really presenting itself. The radiation burn is increasing and starting to be quite painful. So I have three more weeks of increased burning of my skin and increased fatigue to look forward to, but at least there is an end to the ordeal with a positive outcome to the whole cancer thing.

We now have a gardener for both the front and back yards and someone to clean the house once a week. I decided to just give it up for the next few months considering that as soon as I am over the radiation and have the grandkids for a visit I will be having knee surgery!

I am very grateful we have been having some REALLY nice weather because everyone knows how much Kodi and I dislike the heat. We have been experiencing nice breezes and cool weather for quite a while and it would be fine with me if it continues. I have been enjoying the humming birds and all the other birds coming for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a multitude of snacks.

Later . . .

No comments: