Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Productive day














Joy and I had a productive day today. She sewed a cover for my serger that matches the VERY cool one she made for my sewing machine. I pinned and sewed my quilt project and I must say quilting is not an easy thing. I really like putting together squares and making quilt tops, but trying to quilt on a regular sewing machine is a bit of a hassle. Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself and was actually quite proud when I was finished. The lesson for tomorrow will be to square up the quilt and then make and affix the binding. Joy made me a bathrobe that we have to do button holes and hem the sleeves. We are then going to work on making place mats and napkins. If time permits, she is going to show me how to make the top that she has previously been sewing for me. I forgot to take pictures of the placemats and napkins she made for me before I arrived (they are REALLY cool). She also made a totally cool apron (it felt like Christmas in October). She also made some stuff for Debby that I am not going to post pictures of in case Debby checks the blog.

Still hot around here, but at least we are not getting smoke and ashes from the fires around us. Yesterday there was a heavy smoke smell in the air and the day before there were actually ashes falling. It all depends on the wind and they put out alerts to only run your air in the car on re-circulate and to keep all the windows in your house closed and don't go outside if you don't have to.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you guys are having a good time- Max