Monday, September 18, 2006

Safe arrival

The trip to Ventura was pretty smooth, once I corrected the wrong freeway mistake. I am so accustomed to going to the grandkid's house that after I gased up this morning I headed out Highway 580 instead of the correct Highway 680. Once I was sailing down the road, I thought about going through San Jose and realized 580 would NOT take me anywhere near San Jose. I had to cut over to 101 via 152, which added some time to the trip, but it was nonetheless a nice drive and I listened to my new Christina Aguelera CD. I stopped to have lunch and a nice visit with brother Don and then headed on arriving in Ventura around 4:30. Joy and I don't see each other often so we have soooooo much to catch up on consisting of "show and tell". I am pretty excited to do some sewing and I will take some pictures tomorrow of the VERY cool sewing machine cover she made me.

I am tired and going to try to get some sleep (it is much hotter here than I expected - it is the coast - it is suppose to be cool).

Later . . .

2 comments:

Duane said...

I am glad you made it safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Hi it is nice to read a post while you are not home. Have fun We miss you