Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Escapee

Well so much for someone who is on "restricted activity" (that would be Kodi). My being BAD when I had to unlock the gate for the window people yesterday and forgetting to check that it was at least closed. I am amazed he did not escape sooner, but when he went out this AM he had the opportunity to make the big escape. I have no idea how long he was out and about running amuck, but he is limping more than he was yesterday. I found the breakout when I wanted him to come in and have breakfast so he could take his medication - no Kodi and a gate standing wide open. Luckily I found him just around the corner at the front door of a house that usually has a dog out in the front or in the garage. I was in the back of the house when I heard Darci barking and by the time I got to the front door I saw the neighbor's truck driving off. I was surprised and wondered what he wanted, but I guess it was probably to tell me my dog was at his house! Once again, thank God he was not hit by a car. I do not understand why I cannot remember to ALWAYS check the gate.

Later . . .

No comments: