Thursday, March 06, 2008

Quilting

I FINALLY loaded one of the dog's quilts (this one is Darci's) and am getting ready to do the quilting. I have been kind of pre-occupied with other projects for a while - not just video games, but I have been working on something for a birthday present and I cannot put the picture on the blog because "sometimes" that person actually looks at the blog and then the surprise would go straight out the window. I must admit that I have been side tracked with a couple of video games I have downloaded from Big Fish. They are simple, yet fun games and the only thing I can say about them is they keep my mind active.

Like I mentioned before, I plan to finish the dog quilts and then revert back to a practice piece to work on other designs and get a feel for the laser. God knows I have enough fabric to be able to come up with a couple of pieces that I am willing to part with for some practice.

We are dealing with the "loss of job woes" again. Since the whole transition at Max's work things just continue to change and are up in the air. This new change does not look good for her continued employment. Sucks - but she is kind of starting to look for a new job. She can always go back to plumbing (which she really does not want due to the heavy stress on her body), but the overall economy is not looking so good and it is unknown if there are any openings right now anyway. She can plug back into the union and see what happens, but she would prefer to get something else. We are trying to keep a positive attitude and not get too stressed about the whole deal, but it seems like it is going to come to fruition whether we stress/don't stress, plan/don't plan, or want it/not want it to happen.

Later . . .

No comments: