Saturday, June 21, 2008

Getting Back to Normal

I have started sewing and quilting again. Since Kodi's departure it has been kind of weird around the house. Unfortunately, Darci is really having a difficult time without her brother. He has basically been with her all her life and he was not only her companion, but he was her back up. She is a little on the skiddish side right now. She still barks and such, but she will not go to the door without someone going with her - she just looks at you to be her back up. It is sad and at the same time a little amusing. The sad part is when she eats - she just looks at where Kodi's bowl used to be. I am sure she will come around (without the kitten Max thinks will cheer her up). It has turned really hot around here and I am ready to finish the binding on my "Wild Woman" quilt, but I really do not want to do it while it is so hot. Any quilting on my frame will have to be done EARLY in the morning cause the garage just gets too hot. The weather is suppose to cool down this coming week so perhaps it will not be so hot in the garage.

Later . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow a kitten is a good idea