Monday, June 02, 2008

My Bad!

Whew - where does the time go? I cannot believe it has been weeks since I have posted. Things have happened and I guess I just have not taken the time to sit down at the computer and share.

I did finish my quilt from my quilt class. I am very pleased and happy with it. I am working on the other one, but I am also quilting my large "wild woman" quilt. Unfortunately, I can see the need to do some time management and scheduling if I am ever going to get some of the projects I want to do completed. It certainly is a good thing that I am retired - I just don't know what I do to waste so much time.

Max's mom and dad came down for Memorial weekend and we did a photo shoot and did some crafts. Debby and friend came over for dinner and we all played a little guitar hero. Unfortunately, my guitar hero days are done for a while. I went to the doctor regarding my thumb and his serious recommendation was to have surgery. I decided to have another cortisone shot and see if that could give me some relief for a while. It seems to be working, but I am not going to do any video games of any kind that might aggravate it. I am actually saddened by that because I was really having some fun with guitar hero and was progressing nicely at the medium level. I went bad and picked up 5's on all the easy ones (with the exception of Raining Blood which is just a stupid HARD song). I suppose down the road I may be able to play again with LIMITATIONS; which seems to be hard for me to do - moderation is not one of my strong suits.

This last weekend we had Max's family over for dinner and enjoyed a relaxing weekend. Next weekend is Summer Special Olympics in Berkeley and Michael will be playing volleyball. We will be going and it will give Max a chance to try out her new super duper sports lens!

Kodi is sick again and has a vet appointment tomorrow AM. Not sure what is going on with him. He is hungry ALL the time and that is not typical Kodi behavior. He is again having some feet problems and that may be causing him some pain. I try to the best of my ability to stay on top of the feet stuff, but this last bit of hot weather may have flared up some spots. He is becoming an old man and he worries me. I just hate having him be in pain and feeling so miserable. Perhaps he needs his thyroid meds adjusted. I think I will have them do a complete blood work while they are at it. He is crying a lot of the time and that is really hard to handle.

That could be all the news from around here, but I loose track of time so quickly it is hard to say.

Later . . .

No comments: