Thursday, June 05, 2008

Kodi Update

The vet finally called yesterday afternoon and all Kodi's lab tests DO NOT point to Cushings! He has something going on with his urine and she wants to do an x-ray of his stomach to check for "bladder stones". His blood work indicated that his thyroid level is low and we will have to adjust that medication. She thinks "perhaps" if he has bladder stones that might cause the excess drinking and urinating, but it does not explain his hunger. I did shave his feet and he had a lot more sores than could be seen through all that hair. I think his crying might have been more connected to the pain in his feet and "maybe" he just happened to be laying in front of his food dish. I think that is really stretching it, because last night he was rummaging in the trash which is something he has NEVER done! I had just opened a package of pill pockets and thrown the package in the trash because I put the pill pockets in a plastic container. Maybe Kodi is like me and eats for comfort????????? When I don't feel good I usually want something to eat! I have to call and make an appointment for the x-ray and perhaps start him on some antibiotics to help clear up his feet (which I will continue to shave so we can at least see what the hell is going on).

Other than that - I am still quilting and staying away from video games. My thumb is less painful than it was before, but it still pains me in different positions and pinching stuff is not working so well for me. Now I am turning to my Mac for some game playing - I seem to be the time wasting queen right now - motivation is not oozing out of me at the moment. I need to make a "to do" list because that usually will get me moving in the right direction.

Later . . .

No comments: