Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Kodi

Well I took Kodi to the vet this AM and we are awaiting the results of $200 worth of blood and urine work. It appears that he might have Cushings Disease The vet said she might have the results this evening, but we have not received a phone call. He fits the symptoms pretty well and this could also be contributing to his feet problems and infections. Poor guy - I certainly hope we can pin down what is going on with him. It certainly has come on suddenly if this is the problem, but his behavior is like nothing I have ever seen before. Kodi is such a mild mannered, kind and gentle guy and he has turned into this food crazed FEED ME monster. He steals Darci's food and wants to be fed all day. Poor baby lays in front of his food dish and cries. It is really just too hard not to give him some food when he is crying and he has gained like 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks. I also am going to just have to bite the bullet and go ahead and shave all the hair from his massive manly feet. I keep the hair on the bottom and between the pads shaved, but I just need to have better access for applying his medication.

I will post when I hear from the vet - there are more tests that will need to be run if he has the indications in this work that it is Cushings.

Later . . .

1 comment:

Duane said...

Wow - that's a drag - hope you guys can get a handle on that!