Thursday, June 05, 2008

More Kodi Information

Had to take Kodi in to the vet this morning for x-rays. He got stellar treatment because everyone there loves him - nail trim and teeth cleaned with no charge just because he was there. After all he weighs over 100 pounds and they prefer to just leave him on the table between x-rays and someone has to stay with him anyway. The vet got to take a look at his feet and put him on antibiotics AGAIN. All was well until it was time to leave and pay the bill; which, at that time, Kodi decided to have a Kodi snack and MUNCHED the vet's cat! OMG what a scene that was! The cat hissed at him and the fight was on. Kodi ended up with the cat's head in his mouth and REFUSED to let it go. Thank God it looked worse than it was. They had to pry Kodi's mouth open with a broom handle and whisked the cat away. I left to let them tend to the cat and they called me later to let me know there was no serious injury. No puncture wounds, no internal injuries, no broken bones/neck or back. All in all the vet said the cat was really bruised and sore but doing okay (kind of suffering from whip lash). She was actually amazed that Kodi did not do more damage, but he has never hurt a cat before and he just went into paralyze mode when people started screaming and pulling at him. I am very glad the cat is okay and I wonder if they will all continue to love him like before. I know one thing for sure - he will not have any give on his leash from now on. I just did not see the cat around the corner from where I was standing to pay my bill.

I have to get another urine sample first thing in the morning for Kodi because the x-rays did not show anything. It is pretty confusing to not know what the heck is going on with him and this hunger issue. I am used to the feet problems, but this whole business is difficult. He is also having some urinating accidents in the house which has never happened before.

The saga continues and I will keep posting what I find out.

Later . . .

No comments: