Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ahhhhhhhh Irish Food!

OMG - we have a traditional Thanksgiving dinner of turkey, dressing and mashed potatoes, but there is absolutely NOTHING that can compare to a traditional Irish dinner (at least not for this person). This plate displays the gorgeous meal, which Adrianne (thank you, thank, you, thank you) prepared especially for me. Let me tell you I was a VERY happy person that night. And I am proud, or ashamed, to tell you I completely cleaned the whole plate - not one little drop left on that baby! The meal consisted of ham, stuffed boned/rolled chicken, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes, cabbage, carrots, turnips and parsnips all lightly glazed with a wonderful cream sauce. THEN after I completed the meal, I followed it with a bowl of homemade deep dish apple pie, smothered with fresh hot custard. I could eat food like that everyday EXCEPT I am sure my life would not last long when I reached 350 pounds! But that was a heavenly treat of all my very favorite things to eat while I am in Ireland. Ham over there is NOT like ham here and neither is the cabbage and custard is just GOOD.

Almost done with pictures . . .

1 comment:

Donna Rae said...

LOL - Understandable!