Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Belfast Ireland

I really am not sure where to start with my Ireland trip. A lot of the trip consisted of just visiting friends. I suppose I should just post all the pictures on ImageStation, but I will try to post a few with some details. This is my first Ireland trip that I made it up North. I must say Belfast is a very pretty city and well maintained. It was an obvious change crossing over from Ireland to Northern Ireland - better roads, cleaner landscapes and more open fields and spaces. If I thought Irish accents were a bit difficult to deal with - Northern Irish talk VERY fast with a a different accent altogether.

As an interesting note, we stopped to get something to eat in a large shopping center's food court. I choose Burger King and when I asked for "milk" to drink, the response was, "We don't do milk". When I asked for salt and pepper, the response was, "We don't do pepper". I was getting some very strange looks and I am sure they thought I was some strange alien (which technically was the truth).

Jessie, Kevin and I spent several hours walking around Belfast. We could have spent all day roaming around (it is a huge and beautiful city), but we were headed further North to the coast to check out the Giants Causeway and the coastal ports and scenery. Even though Ireland is a small island, it still takes time to drive from place to place and we needed to make it to our B&B before it got dark. Directions are not the greatest and signs are not easy to see - especially in the dark.

I will add another post for the pictures of Giants Causeway and the coast.

Later . . .

No comments: