Wednesday, March 22, 2006

B & B at Portballintrae

The B & B Jessie found us was really quite nice. It was colorful, warm and cozy. We had two double beds and two twin beds, a living room area with coffee table and chairs, an electric kettle with coffee and tea and a nice bathroom with a shower. The one problem I continued to have was hitting my head on the ceiling. I had the hardest time remembering how the ceiling slanted and I must have banged my head three or four times - finally I remember and stopped banging my head. For the nights stay and breakfast for the three of us it only cost us 60 Euro (nice bargain that was). We went down to the local "Chipper" and picked up sausage, beans, fish and chips and brought them back for a good warm meal. I guess it might be the Irish patotoes, but there is NO comparison between our "fries" and their "chips". Yummm and I ate many orders while there. The Irish breakfast that was served the next morning was really good. There were a couple of things that were a bit strange - soda farel being the strangest, but it was tasty and a great way to start the day. I took a picture as we were leaving the B&B at the miserably cold and rainy day we were facing, but off we headed for the Giants Causeway and the coast.

More pictures to follow . . .

No comments: