Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Giants Causeway

Unfortunately by the time we reached the Giants Causeway my knee was really swollen and walking was somewhat difficult (who am I kidding - it was really painful). So we now faced the dilemma of how to get down to the coast - you could walk or take a bus. Jessie does not like to ride buses and there was no way I was going to be able to walk down and back up - so I won and bought us some bus tickets and away we went.

The Causeway is amazing and reminds me of the Devils Postpiles at Mammoth Lakes. Because it was misting and raining it was really difficult to walk on the rocks or do much climbing (no way was I gonna chance taking a fall on my knee). We did manage some nice walking along the path and I ventured out for my picture on that very cool rock.

Kevin managed to travel around the rocks and pick me up a bunch of really nice sea shells that I was able to bring home. The place has a lot of really neat places to explore and a lot of walking could be done, if one was in good shape and did not have bad knees!

Unfortunately my knee was placing limitations on the exploring I wanted to do, but nonetheless, we had a really nice time in a really beautiful place.

I had a horrible time getting these pictures posted - so sorry if the spacing and such is messed up.

More pictures to follow . . .

1 comment:

Duane said...

Wow - thanks for posting the pictures! It really looks like you had a great time there! Seems beautiful too! I really enjoyed reading about your adventure over there. Kind of weird reading it though - I mean you are like a world traveler! BGY though!