Thursday, March 23, 2006

St. Dominic's Abbey

What a beautifully quaint old building. It was completely open (no roof) and was still being used as an active grave site (there were fresh flowers on one of the graves inside. I would never have assumed this was a grave site from just looking at the building from the outside. The stone and rock work was amazing. The part that really attracted Jessie and I to this site was the sign on the front of the building indicating where you could get a key if you wanted to enter. Can you imagine - "a keeper of the key" for entrance into a secured building that you could have access to by just finding the correct house and knocking on the door. You know I had to have a picture of THAT!

I guess it really is the rock/stone work that draws and fascinates me . . .



No comments: