Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Busy Couple of Days

I finally drug out some of my pots and planted some flowers. I wanted to get some more marigolds around the garden to keep the white flys down. I would like to do some more planting of actual flowers for decoration to be placed around the yard and patio. My lavender is now blooming and it smells great. The marigold plants all have to be moved off the shelve and into the garden area. I already have quite a few pots around the open area for the garden and they are keeping the white flys down.

I had my sewing lesson today and it went pretty well. The nicest part was probably the fact that I know much more than I thought I did. I received some excellent pointers (probably not worth the cost), and reinforced the fact that I do know what I am doing most of the time. I learned they have a "sewing get together" every Thursday where women bring their machines and work on projects and generally help each other out. Kind of a social gathering where they share ideas and projects (good business for the shop). It goes from 10:00 AM to 4 PM. I think I will try to go this coming Thursday, but not stay until 4 because of the traffic going back over the hill. The real BONUS for the day was when Max purchased the designer matching set of Gingher scissors! They are really beautiful and the flower design is subtle, but gorgeous!

Unfortunately, I guess I am going to have to rack my brain to see if I can remember how to do macrame again. I did many beautiful things during the 70's, (and that seems like acient history) but have not tried it for a very long time. I knew I was making a mistake when I hung the macrame hanger with the glass fishing balls out in the elements. The hanger I gave to my mother YEARS ago (she hung it in her house with plants) and the glass balls also came from my mother. I knew the weather was rotting the bottom jute and yesterday the ball dropped. I bought some jute and I think once I look at the hanging I will be able to duplicate it without a pattern. If I can't figure it out, I may just make individual hangers and leave it at that.

No comments: