Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Busy Embroidering Heart Squares

I decided what better way to see what some of my designs look like than to put them on squares and make a light-weight sheet/blanket. I am suffering with night sweats since I had to stop taking my medication and was told by my oncologist that the hormone therapy I have to do after my radiation is only going to make it worse. So I have been searching for "heart" designs and am going to make a quilt top and just back it with something light-weight. So for the last couple of days I have been searching patterns and doing embroidery. I am having a good time and hope this project actually makes it to completion. Good, bad or indifferent, I am going to finish this - good practice for me. It is nice to see the designs on fabric - some are better than their pictures and some are worse.

Later . . .


3 comments:

Duane said...

Wow those look pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

I think they all look great. What a great way to do two things at once. Quilt and embroider. I can't wait to see them all in person.
Denise

Donna Rae said...

I would offer to make you one, but since this is my first attempt you might have to wait a long, long time.