Friday, May 12, 2006

Lawn Mower & Fishing

I am not quite sure why I hesitated in buying an electric lawn mower. When we got to Sears we almost changed our minds because the sales person mentioned they were not very efficient and gas mowers had much more power. I made the decision that I was there for an electric mower and came home with one. I am very pleased with it. I do not mind the cord and it is sooooooo easy to start and it is easier to push than the heavy gas mower I was using before. I love the way I can turn it off and then start it again with great ease (makes it possible to use now and not mess with my arm - which is STILL sore).

We made it fishing around 8:00 AM and had a really fun time. The weather was beautiful and there was a nice breeze up until around 11:00 AM. The breeze went away and the temperature rose AND we forgot to bring any sunscreen (a bit of sunburn was the result)! As you can see we caught three nice trout (I caught the big one) - two for me and one for Max. We had not been fishing in a while and it was really nice to throw some lures (my arm gave me some trouble with casting, but I managed).

After fishing we came home (Max cleaned the fish), we messed around in the yard a bit and then caught up on the Tivo shows we missed during the week.

Later . . .

2 comments:

Duane said...

The mower looks pretty cool and easy to use. Fishing sounds like it was fun too!

Anonymous said...

We had an electric mower while I was growing up. Don't run over the cord. The new quilt block looks beautiful.
Denise