Saturday, May 20, 2006

Yard work & embroidery

Today was a beautiful day so we decided to do some work in the yard. Max needed to put up the trellis for the tomato plants. She had seen the idea in a gardening book and it seemed to be a neat idea. She stuck rebar into the ground and then set electical conduit pipes set on top of that. She attached the conduit with copper 90's and a T in the middle and then added gardening netting across the conduit. It actually looks like it will work really well. I decided it was time to mow and edge the back yard. I mowed twice with my new electric mower and the yard looks really nice. I have all the potted plants placed around the yard and garden (more to come because I found some extra pots). I have all my humming bird feeders filled and hung and hopefully my little friends will come to visit.

Yesterday I worked with my sewing machine and am very happy with the results. I did pillow cases for Devin and Desirae (our grandkids) and made one for Michael. I feel much more confident in what I am doing with my embroidery now - so there will be no stopping me! I need to do some of my practice shirts to make sure I actually am on the right track and then I can start doing things that are not for practice. I am looking forward to starting on quilt projects and I have something in mind to get me started (it is developing in my head and this coming week I plan to try to put it together).

Later . . .

1 comment:

Donna Rae said...

Thanks! I have a program that you type out the words that you want - much easier than placing each letter!