Wednesday, May 10, 2006

First Quilt Project

I finally decided I was going to do the quilt project Denise gave me for Christmas. I have been wanting to try quilting and the books have some great information and techniques. Unfortunately I am not very precision and making the star design was a bit difficult. I do feel I made progress (even though the green triangle on the bottom is smaller than the others). I plan to try another and cut the squares myself so they all start off the same. Not much point in continuing with the wall hanging or pillow since it does not line up and is VERY noticeable. I also remembered that I have a foot for my machine that does 1/4 inch and that might help.

When I do embroidery on my machine I do not have to worry about the stitch - so I guess I need MUCH practice on making a STRAIGHT 1/4 inch seam. Nonetheless, I was pleased with myself and had FUN, which is a very important part of trying something new.

I also did some mending and made an appointment to get some lessons from the Pfaff dealer in San Jose next week. I am really excited about that because my machine does much more than I am capable of learning from the book.

Allergies are killing Max and Kodi, but Darci and I seem to be doing fine.

Later . . .


No comments: