Wednesday, May 24, 2006

More Embroidery Blocks

I have only had time to do a few more blocks, but I like the additions. I need to make 7 more blocks and then I will be done with the embriodered ones. Unfortunately, I had to alter my plans because I cut the blocks prior to the embriodery and with the embroidery I lost about an 8th of a inch on the blocks. I am changing from 8 inch blocks to 6 inch (will be easier to cut them down to 6 inches and keep the embriodery centered). Since Duane and family are coming for the holiday weekend, I won't be getting any more blocks done until next week.

This little guy is the planned two middle blocks in my project. I have always liked elephants and he popped up with a search for "hearts". I have found some more interesting hearts and have the additional 7 planned. I am really anxious to get this project put together. No matter what happens, I have been having fun and that is what retirement and having a fancy sewing machine is all about!

Hopefully between Duane and I we will have some good family pictures for our blogs this weekend.

Later . . .


No comments: