Thursday, May 11, 2006

A Day of Sewing

Okay, so I messed up my project from yesterday, good sport that I am, I decided to try it again. I also decided to pay CLOSE attention to the instructions and not ignore that little piece that says "MAKE SURE YOUR SEAMS LINE UP SO THE POINTS OF THE STARS WILL MEET". Not that I did a perfect job, but it is a MUCH BETTER job than the previous. I just picked some old material and cut some squares and gave it a try. I am thinking that squares on their own would not be as difficult to get lined up (or maybe they just would not show as much).

It was a challenge, but I had FUN! I am thinking there must be a scrap quilt in my near future.

Since I have nothing to actually quilt, I decided to play around with embroidery. I have some patterns that I have been wanting to see what they look like - so I made a fishing towel (we are going fishing tomorrow morning). I also put a design on a tea towel to see how it would look and I like it. I put a flower design on the back of my "practice" shirt and it turned out well. The design required 26 thread changes (which only means it took a long time to finish it, since the machine actually does all the work). The flower design measures 8 1/2 inches high and 4 1/2 inches wide! It looks very nice on the shirt.We are headed to Dublin to our favorite Chinese resturant and then to Sears to purchase a new electric lawn mower. Since Max is off tomorrow this is our Friday!

Later . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The flower design on your shirt is really great. Beautiful.
Denise