Friday, June 15, 2007

Denim squares completed



I certainly made a dent in my jeans stash. I have 360 (and a few extra) squares cut and ready to go. I now have to do the same with the fabric I am putting on the back. It is washed, but not ironed yet. This is certainly turning into a "thing" and I can't even imagine what it is going to be like sewing all 720 of the things together. I am making the quilt 80x90. It will be enough to cover our king sized bed, but not enough to be a bedspread. Unfortunately our bed sits high and has side rails - so no bed skirt and the bedspread needs to be a minimum of 120 inches to come down to meet the top of the sideboards. The idea of making 622 squares of denim just did not appeal to me - not even a little bit. Perhaps after I see how this project ends up I "might" consider it.
Later . . .

No comments: