Thursday, June 07, 2007

Progress

I actually have been working on the quilt and not on embroidery, but the embroidery is calling me. Whew - I liked doing the top for the quilt - it was fun watching it come together; however, the batting and backing are another story all together. I have gotten them together and did the "stitch in the ditch" thing. I was looking into free hand quilting and it is a bit of a thing. I decided that I would try practicing with my fabric mover and that is even a bigger thing. I think I may just go ahead and sew the binding together and "try" to put that on and call it quits for this quilt. I will say this is a learning experience and I am presently at the BOTTOM of the learning curve. I think I may resort to calling my friend, Lynn (aka the quilt master) for some tutoring. Making a finished project seems to be a major challenge for me. I do not want to try to do anything with my Hearts top or the Celtic Circles until I can figure out some of the more basics of putting the "sandwich" together.
I am determined to at least finish this Brick Road quilt before I bail and go back to doing embroidery. I do want to embroider squares for quilts so I will eventually have to learn how to put them together.
Later . . .

No comments: