Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sewing squares



The quilt making has begun! I decided to make a bit of a change and have the fabric on the top and the denim on the back - seems like it will work out and I like the idea of being able to see the fabric. I have actually sewn together six strips (of the 18 needed). It is going together rather well, but I can see the real work will be in the snipping of the 1/2 seams - yikes it could take YEARS (just kidding)! I am planning to take the finished quilt to the laundry to wash and dry it. My machine is large capacity, but this is going to end up being a large quilt - not to mention dealing with all the fraying that needs to happen.
I have enjoyed the process and am enjoying sewing the squares together; however, I don't think I am looking forward to clipping the seams. Considering that is really what the quilt is about, I guess the nice part of clipping will be that the more I clip the closer I will be to a finished project (and I LOVE finished projects).
Later . . .

No comments: