Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Progress Continues









The progression continues. I cut and sewed together the backing for my quilt and then started the process of layering and pinning. I purchased some clamps to hold the piece on my cutting board and I must say they work really well. I was a little annal on the pinning and ended up running of of pins. I was on strict orders not to leave the house until the FedEx truck showed up (Max's new lens was to be delivered today). So I was able to get some pins later in the day and will get back to work tomorrow.
While I was waiting for the FedEx truck I adapted a "bow tying" board into a thread holder for my embroidery thread. When I am doing an embroidery that requires a lot of thread I needed something to keep it in order. I found the bow tying board at a thrift store for $1 and drilled holes in it and put some cut off golf tees in the holes. It turned out really well and I am pleased with that accomplishment!

Later . . .

No comments: