Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ready to Sew




OMG what a thing! First off my math skills seemed to be sorely lacking when I first figured how many squares I needed. I calculated I would be left with a 4.5 inch square; whereas, it will actually be 5.5 inch square. One inch does not seem like much, but when figured into the bigger picture - ouch! I had 360 denim squares cut and all I actually needed to do the one big enough for our bed was 396. Sooooooo more cutting of denim. Then I had to cut all the material squares and had to find another piece of material to add to the collection. With all that finished, I am actually ready to start sewing the squares together. I am thinking I will take a breather and do something else tomorrow and start the actual quilt making on Tuesday or Wednesday (certainly not that we need any kind of quilt for this weather).
On a different note, Max took me to some garage sales and the thrift store on Saturday. I found some great deals on material and picked up a couple of very cool baskets. Max found a small acetylene torch in a holder for $1. First thing in the morning I had checked Craig's List for day beds and found a really nice one in Walnut Creek - so later in the afternoon we went and purchased the bed. Wrong time to be without a truck, but with the Xterra we played hillbilly and had the roof rack stacked high. Hopefully we will get the room painted in the next couple of days (Max took the "popcorn" off) and be able to get the bed set up. The bed has the trundle so it will come in handy for the grandkids.
I made banana pudding with bananas and Nilla wafers and had Paul, Kathy, Michael and Paul's parents - Carl and Nancy over for a visit and dessert. It was a nice weekend.
Later . . .

No comments: