Sunday, August 06, 2006

Let the vacations begin

We now have possession of the Grandchildren (Denise arrived safe and sound Thursday afternoon), but I have not had an opportunity to do a blog entry because by the time I have the time to do one both the kids are in bed and my PC has been in Devin’s bedroom and my notebook in Desirae’s bedroom. I retrieved my notebook and have networked with my PC so I can get the pictures I loaded on my PC and hopefully I will be able to keep up with things.

It was great to get to see Denise and Deanna (boy has she grown since the last time we saw her (that would be in reference to Deanna because Denise is shrinking). Hard to believe that a year has gone by since she was born (ah, right, time flies when you’re having fun). Deanna is just fascinated by both the dogs.

I am very pleased to inform everyone that the healing of my radiation burn is happening much quicker than I expected. I know the doctor mentioned I was taking very good care of my skin, so that probably helps. The skin is peeling, but the blisters are not so painful. I still get tired easily and quickly, but the kids are giving me rest time (perhaps a little reluctantly, but bribes with video games and movies seem to work wonders).

I will try to keep pictures posted (for the family to be able to see the kids) and let Mommy and Daddy know they are safe and sound. I have the feeling this week will not be very exciting, but I must say Devin and Desirae both love playing in the backyard in “little” swimming pools. They love to play in the water and that keeps them occupied for a couple of hours a day. The weather has been beautiful – not too hot, but hot enough for the kids to play in the water.

Later . . .

No comments: