Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Smooth lazy day

Today started out chilly and then actually turned pretty warm. We managed to keep ourselves busy in the house most of the day and ventured out in the back yard for some play time with the dogs after dinner. We watched a couple of movies and played some video games. Prior to the video games Devin and Desirae wanted to play with the magnet toys. They soon had them spread around the dining room, but due to the desire to play video games every single ball and stick was picked up and put away (video games do come in handy).

Devin's smile should be looking better real soon. He had frosted mini wheats for breakfast and somehow managed to hit his loose tooth on his bottom teeth and that tooth is SO ready to come out. The rest of the day he decided to do "soft" food to prevent any more mishaps. He did eat some meat for dinner, but we cut it in very small little pieces.

While the kids were playing with the magnets, I managed to get the hooks on my new picture frames as well as hang the picture holder I picked up at a thrift store several weeks ago. It cost me a dollar and I could not buy the material to make one for that. I like it and I think it displays pictures quite well. I also managed to get some denim squares cut out for a project Denise and I are making for Deanna. I have the squares, but finding the time and space to sew may be a bit of a challenge. I think I can manage in my sewing room and work around Desirae's stuff. These are the times I truly wish we had a bigger house (and the situation will only get worse as the kids grow and Deanna is old enough to come for a visit with her brother and sister).

Later . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am just catching up on your blog. I do like the new frame. Especially the way you have the photos in it. It looks great. And it did look like Desirae was trying to drown Devin the other day. I am glad you are all having fun.