Sunday, January 29, 2006

Birthday Has Come and Gone

We had a really nice weekend in the mountains (Max's mother's house). Wonderful dinner and good family interactions. After eating steak and lobster for dinner last night, we decided to not indulge ourselves in another "fancy" meal. Max took me (Kathy, Paul and Michael) to Marie Callendars for a chicken pot pie (which I have been craving lately and she does not like). I also wanted Key Lime Pie (which I must say is not that tasty coming from MC). The weekend just flew by and unfortunately the time to wind down and get ready to face another work week has arrived - Ahhhhhhhh I really find that somewhat amusing considering the fact that I DON'T WORK! Oh, but I do feel as one with Max when she has to get up in the freezing cold (bedroom sliding glass door open and the room is about 45 degrees) shower and leave for work while it is still dark. I, on the other hand, snuggle down in the covers and wait for the sun to come through the window signaling "perhaps" I should get up and have a cup of coffe in front of the fireplace with the dogs at my feet. Okay, so maybe the term "work week" does not hold huge implied meaning for me, but I do know it has arrived because I am ALONE (with the dogs).

Anyway I had both the grandkids sing "Happy Birthday" to me today - separately I might add and that put a royal topping on a wonderful 59th birthday.

Later . . .

No comments: