Monday, January 16, 2006

Holiday Monday

Well Sunday was the slow easy day that was expected.  We watched two of our three movies and are hoping we get to the last one (Mr. & Mrs. Jones) before this day is over.  

Michael’s team did not advance in their floor hockey standing, so no more participation in the Winter Special Olympics.  Kathy did manage a stop at Frys on their way home and bought a new Western Digital external 400G hard drive.  Yikes, do I have hard drive envy! Right now I don’t really have the need, but it sure sounds good.  I guess what I do not need is any more computer components to add to my misery.  I am still working on the network for our home computers and I managed to get printers changed around and notebooks working with Max’s PC; however, my PC just seems to has its nose completely up in the air while refusing to cooperate in any manner what so ever.  Maybe I have wandered too far down the dark road and my computer just refuses to come out and play with anyone else.  If I thought a good slap up along side the casing would help – I actually think I would do it.  I am sure it is some simple thing I am overlooking and I will figure it out in due time, but I get obsessive with getting it fixed.  As long as all the computers will print, it is not that important that they actually talk to each other.  The printer that we use for the majority of printing is working and the other printer is primarily for printing photos anyway.

We ventured out of the house today and actually made it out of Costco for under $100.  That tends to be classified in the miracle department for our shopping habits.  The main reason we were out and about is because I needed to replace all the windshield wipers on my Xterra.  We are planning a trip to Tahoe this coming weekend and with the weather the way it has been I figured we needed to be prepared for some snow or rain.

I downloaded PodPlus http://purpleghost.com/ for my iPod and it is really very cool.  Once I got my Outlook working I was able to add my calendar and contacts and with PodPlus I added driving directions, movie times, weather and horoscopes.  Being able to add driving directions is really sweet.

I am gong to go try to tackle my PC one more time and see if I can get it to play nice.  

Later . . .

No comments: