Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Trying Again

Considering my plan was to have this Blog started by the first of the year, I guess I need to get after it. Canterbury Tales will consist of the life of Maxine and Donna. We have two wonderfully spoiled brat dogs - Kodi (a 125 pound Alaskan Malamute) and Darci (a 80 pound Chocolate Lab mix). The most precious thing we have in our life is our grandchildren - Devin (almost 7), Desirae (almost 5) and Deanna (almost 5 months). Our grandchildren live about a 6 hour drive from us with their parents, Duane and Denise.

Max works full time and is attending DeVry University full time to earn her BS degree in Technical Manangement. I have the true luxury of being retired and therefore am at home most days with the dogs. I have a variety of hobbies which keep me busy and when Max (Maxine) is not attending school she has many hobbies herself. We have a wonderful garden that not only gives us pleasure, but much good food as well. We both like to fish and do it as often as is possible. Max likes to do wood working and makes some beautiful pens. I am learning how to sew - which consists mostly of embroidery on my new Pfaff sewing machine. We are both into music and video games - mine being the PS2 and PSP while hers is on the PC. She likes first person shooter games while I enjoy the slashing role playing games.


We have extended families that are very important to us. Max has the luck of having everyone close at hand. Her mother lives the farthest (about 3 hours) while both of her sisters live in the same town (maybe 10 minutes away).

As our lives unfold I will expand on the extended family members so you will also get to know them.

If I can figure out how to include pictures, I will do so. You can check out pictures of our grandchildren and their parents at http://ellisonsnapshot.blogspot.com/

No comments: